We reserve the right to modify or update this Policy at any time. Please check back regularly for updated information on our policies and practices regarding the handling of your personal data.
COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect personal data about you that you knowingly and voluntarily provide in the course of or in connection with certain activities or transactions with us and/or our related, affiliated or associated companies, and the dealers, agencies and licensees of any of these companies. Any additional personal data that we collect about you will depend on the nature of the particular activity or transaction.
Your personal data will not be disclosed to anyone outside of Jaguar Land Rover Limited, our related, affiliated or associated companies, and the dealers, agencies and licensees of any of these companies, and any other companies with which Jaguar has directly or indirectly arranged services for your benefit. It will be treated in accordance with the applicable data protection and privacy laws and regulations (including the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012) [ and may be initially stored and processed inside or outside the European Union anywhere in the world].
We currently, and/or may in the future, collect, use, disclose, or otherwise process your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
- providing or facilitating the provision of products and services to you;
- customer relationship management, including responding to, handling, and processing applications, requests, queries, complaints, and feedback from you;
- conducting research and analysis, including via the performance of surveys;
- designing products and services, and evaluating and improving the quality and content of such products and services;
- marketing the products and services of Jaguar and our related, affiliated or associated companies;
- any other purposes for which you provided the information;
- complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
- transmitting to any of our related, affiliated or associated companies, and the dealers, agencies and licensees of any of these companies, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and
- any other purposes relating to the above.
COMPLAINTS AND WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
If you have any complaints regarding our data protection practices, or would like us to stop collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all purposes, please contact our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you, or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, by contacting our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below (“Access Request”).
You may also request for your personal data to be updated or corrected, by contacting our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below (“Correction Request”).
We will endeavour to respond to your Access Request or Correction Request within  days of receiving the same. If we are unable to do so, we will inform you in writing of the same within this period. We may, in certain circumstances, be entitled or required to refuse your request.
We will make all practical efforts to respect your wishes. However certain legislation, especially related to safety issues or financial regulation (e.g. when dealing with Jaguar Financial Services) might prevent this.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF DATA
Due to the international nature of Jaguar's business, Jaguar processes and stores personal data in more than one jurisdiction, including outside of Singapore. We are obliged to ask you to agree to this. If you do not wish to, unfortunately we will not be able to process any request you make through this website or otherwise.
In situations where we transfer your personal data outside of your country, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to comply with the applicable data protection and privacy laws and regulations.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data via the registration pages on the Jaguar Web Sites (if applicable), or by contacting our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
We use reasonable precautions to protect your personal data from accidental loss and unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, duplication, modification, disposal, destruction. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We will retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws. We will cease to retain personal data, or remove the means by which the personal data can be associated with particular individuals, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact our Data Protection Officer at:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
- What are the benefits to me of Jaguar collecting my information?
- What information might be collected by Jaguar Web Sites or via third party websites or platforms?
- How will Jaguar collect and store this information?
- Where will your personal information be stored?
- Why do Jaguar collect this information?
- Who does this policy apply to?
- Jaguar's commitment to Children's Privacy.
- How do I correct information about myself?
- What options do I have if I choose to register?
- What happens if I choose not to register?
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS TO ME OF JAGUAR COLLECTING MY INFORMATION?
Collecting this information will help Jaguar to achieve the following:
1. To make the Site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
2. Help us to provide information faster.
3. To help us create content more relevant to you.
4. To help you quickly find services or information available from Jaguar.
5. Using information to make improvements to the Site.
6. Assessing general trends within the Web Site and its use.
7. To alert you to new products, special promotions, updated information and other new services that Jaguar considers to be of interest to you. Where you have given us your permission we might authorise other companies to contact you directly.
8. To display relevant product, promotion and service information based on your previous browsing activities within Jaguar.com
9. To help you to store your favourite media (wallpapers, video, audio), configured cars and preferred dealer information within Jaguar.com for your future reference.
WHAT INFORMATION MIGHT BE COLLECTED BY JAGUAR WEB SITES OR VIA THIRD PARTY WEBSITES OR PLATFORMS?
At Jaguar, we intend to give you as much control as possible over your personal information. In general, you can visit Jaguar on the Web without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. There are times, however, when we may need information from you, such as your name and address. It is our intent to let you know before we collect information from you on the Internet.
Even before registration we will collect anonymous information about how you have used the Web Site. This is a common standard procedure for any Web Site on the Internet. The information collected does not personally identify you but may be helpful to us for marketing purposes or improving the services we provide.
To improve the services we provide we will also collect anonymous information about the referring website (for example Google search) or the referring banner which lead you to Jaguar.com website.
If you choose to give the Jaguar personal information via the Internet that we may need to correspond with you or provide you with a subscription, for example - it is our intent to let you know how we will use such information. If you tell us that you do not wish to have this information used as a basis for further contact with you, we will respect your wishes.
HOW WILL JAGUAR COLLECT AND STORE THIS INFORMATION?
Jaguar can collect information about you in a number of ways; either directly requesting it from you (as on a registration form) or by automatically recording information about your visit to this Site. For example we might collect data regarding your journey through the Site or record the options that you have chosen to take. Jaguar may also collect your data via third party sites or platforms such as Twitter, Jaguar will only use reputable third party platforms in order to collect your data and will ensure that it takes all practicable steps to ensure the security of your data once it has passed to us from the control of the relevant third party but the third party will be liable for the security of your data until the completion of the transfer process.
Information is stored in a secure environment protected by a combination of physical and technical measures. There is no general public access to this information.
Jaguar will store this information in a secure and protected environment for as long as we believe it will better help us to understand how we can serve you, and respect your wishes.
In addition legislation might oblige us to store this information for a certain period of time. To understand how you can amend, or update information stored about you then please refer to the appropriate question in this section.
WHERE WILL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION BE STORED?
Jaguar operates in many countries across the world. To enable us to offer consistent service to you, our customers, wherever you may be, we manage our Internet sites from one central site. This is currently in the United Kingdom.
WHO DOES THIS POLICY APPLY TO?
This policy applies to web sites designed for the use of individual consumers and corporate visitors.
JAGUAR'S COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Protecting the privacy of children is important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our web site from those we actually know are under 13.
HOW DO I CORRECT INFORMATION ABOUT MYSELF?
Some Jaguar Web Sites operate registration pages that allow you to review and update the Personal Information you have submitted. Elsewhere, you are simply given the option of cancelling your membership of the service. In other cases where you need to correct Personal Information you have submitted previously to a Jaguar Web Site please follow the instructions provided above.
WHAT ABOUT INTERNET & SITE SECURITY?
The Internet is not a secure system and you should always be cautious about the information you disclose whilst on-line. Personal Information collected by Jaguar Sites is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. In some cases, the Personal Information is encrypted before you conduct your transaction, using appropriate secure technology.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I CHOOSE NOT TO REGISTER?
If you choose not to register or provide personal information, you will in most cases still be able to use most of the Jaguar Web Sites. However you will not be able to access areas that require registration. Even if you do not register we will sometimes collect anonymous information about how you have used the Web Site. This is information that does not personally identify you but which may be helpful for marketing or improving the services we offer.